Community First has successfully worked to develop and offer a cost saving Group Insurance Scheme to eligible local councils, both within and outside of Wiltshire.
The Scheme is underwritten by Zurich, a leading provider of insurance to Britain's public services, and has been tailored specifically to be of real benefit to local councils.
Benefits of insuring your council under the Community First Scheme include:
A policy specifically tailored to the unique needs of local councilsOver 40 years experience of community development work including working directly with parish and town councilsA policy underwritten by a leading insurance provider with considerable experience in the public and voluntary sectorsDirect access to a dedicated advisor
We offer a wide range of insurance options and policies can be tailored to meet the individual requirements of each council.
- We offer a standard package of cover that is available at a fixed, discounted premium. The standard package includes the following:
- Office contents (Clerk's home) - sum insured £2,500
- Computer reinstatement of lost data - sum insured £500
- Employer's liability (Clerk) - sum insured £10 million
- Public liability - sum insured £10 million
- Personal accident (Clerk and Members) - capital benefit £20,000, weekly benefit £25
- Fidelity guarantee - sum insured £25,000
- Corporate legal protection - sum insured £100,000
- Hirer's liability - sum insured up to £200,000
- Libel and slander - sum insured £250,000
- Money cover
Optional Extras to Standard Cover
As well as the standard package of cover, the policy may be extended to meet the needs of individual parish councils..
- Optional extras available on this scheme include:
- Employer's liability for manual (non-office workers)
- Additional public liability to cover playgrounds - sum insured £10 million
- Property damage cover - 'all risks' and 'impact only' for street furniture and other assets
- Material damage cover for buildings
- Employee dishonesty - increase sum insured
- Additional liability to cover fetes, bonfires and other events
- Additional liability to cover skate parks and bike ramps
For further information, or to receive a no obligation quote, please contact Jess Emery at the contact details shown.