Improving rural access to Superfast Broadband is an important priority for Community First and one that is recognised by Defra which provides funding for involvement in this issue.
- Community First is supporting the work to improve Wiltshire’s broadband by:
- Encouraging communities to get broadband issues on the agenda
- Encouraging communities to include broadband as a topic for community led planning
- Providing communities with information and support about funding opportunities
- Providing information and guidance about community broadband solutions
- Collecting information about broadband issues and challenges to help influence future services
- Working with rural services such as village halls and Local Councils to widen the provision and use of broadband and online services
For more information please contact Jane Windle-Hartshorn.