Community First continues to make a real difference to the people living and working in Wiltshire. Through its 15 services, it works with community groups to strengthen and improve life in Wiltshire and works with some of the most needy people on an individual basis.
In just one year our organisation:
- Supported 22 community minibus groups through our Community Transport Service
- Trained 259 LINK volunteers to support some of the most needy in our county
- Supported 1483 vulnerable older people through the Good Neighbours service
- Loaned a moped for 6 months to 35 young people to help get them to work and training
- Supported 227 young carers aged between 5-25 years, helping them cope with their caring roles
- Helped 140 vulnerable young people at risk of unemployment through Project Inspire
- Assisted 18 communities through community planning processes
- Supported 418 community halls through our Village Hall Insurance
- Supported local councils by training 194 Councillors and Clerks
- Trained 465 sports and youth leaders through Fit Together
- Helped 50 retailers through our Store is the Core programme
- Gave £610,000 to 23 groups to develop local projects through Plain Action.
- Through our Landfill Communities Fund we gave £865,673 to local communities to develop local amenities such as playgrounds, village halls, cricket grounds and nature reserves.
- Through the Oil Buying Service we saved members £21,688 in fuel bills.
Our work will be found in almost every community and parish in Wiltshire and Swindon.
Wherever you are living in rural Wiltshire, it is more than likely that Community First has already made a significant and positive impact in your community.
However, we want to do more
You can make a personal and positive contribution to this vital work and to help us strengthen, sustain and support our rural community character and vibrancy.
Become a Community First Supporter
Your valued donation can help us continue to develop new rural services and initiatives to benefit the people of Wiltshire rural communities. Donations can be made in several ways:
Simply send a cheque or postal order with the Membership Form completed with your name and address details and post it to:
‘Community First Membership’
Unit C2, Beacon Business Centre
Make a donation through a regular standing order using the form below.
Making your donation under Gift Aid increases the value of your contribution to Community First. The Gift Aid form can be found below.