Wiltshire Young Carers Service
Established in 1998 as one of the first young carers support projects in the country, we currently have 540+ open cases for young carers aged from 5-18 years.
Wiltshire Council Families and Children’s Service, carries out assessments of young people who care for someone else. The first part of the assessment process is for an adult to complete a Digital Assessment and Referral Tool (DART) for the young person.
The Digital Assessment and Referral Tool (DART) is aimed at professionals, if you are a family member, or you need any support completing the DART, our Young Carers Team are here to help. Please phone 01380 720671 or email email@example.com
What we do;
- Support families through the referral process (see above)
- Support young carers to create carers action plans
- Ensure young carers are safe in their caring roles by, providing equipment, training and ensuring specialist support is available when needed
- Provide mentoring to support young carers to overcome individual challenges
- Deliver a wide-ranging programme of exciting respite activities and breaks for young carers, including adventure, arts and sports activities.
- Facilitate issue-based workshops, volunteering opportunities and non-formal learning programmes for young carers.
- Provide transition support and advocacy for young carers to ensure they can meet their full potential within education.
day places offered for young carers on varied, needs appropriate respite activities
of young carers accessing support, reported feeling safer in their caring roles
reported increased skills & improved health & wellbeing
“Wiltshire Young Carers Service, has stopped me being lonely. I now have people I can talk to and lots of things to look forward to”A Young Carer
“I’m so much happier, I have friends who understand me, I’m doing better at school and enjoying life”A Young Carer
“Being with other young carers means you can talk about things, without worrying about being judged or bullied”A Young Carer