Bulk Oil Buying
Community First Bulk Oil Buying Scheme
Every time a tanker makes a delivery, it uses a lot of diesel – a full tanker can get as little as eight miles per gallon! If deliveries are organised so that one tanker delivers to several customers in a village, instead of making lots of individual deliveries, the fuel consumption is reduced and so is traffic in the village.
To take advantage of the scheme you pay an annual membership fee to Community First, which covers as many oil orders through Oil Fuel Poverty Solutions as you need during the course of the year.
5 easy steps to cheaper heating oil
- Join the CF Oil Buying Scheme, by downloading and completing the membership form.
- Wait to hear from your local co-ordinator. We will let your local co-ordinator know that you have joined the scheme. Each month they will email you to ask whether you want to place an order. The minimum order is 500 litres.
- Place an order. Let your local co-ordinator know you want to buy oil. Each month they submit a total village order to us. Your order increases our negotiating power, so once submitted we regard it as binding.
- Sit back whilst we negotiate the price We negotiate the best price from a range of suppliers. Your local co-ordinator will advise you who the supplier is, the price per litre (exclusive of VAT, currently at 5%) and the approximate date of delivery.
- Take delivery of the oil and pay the company. The oil will be delivered as soon as possible and you pay the company supplying the oil direct.
DomesticOil Scheme Membership
- For domestic households (excludes village halls, community buildings or business premises).
Community BuildingOil Scheme Membership
- Village Halls or Community Buildings (including sports grounds, scout huts etc.)
BusinessOil Scheme Membership
- Covers any building which is used for commercial purposes or as a business premises.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Oil Buying Group?
When lots of people get together we can negotiate the price down substantially. Our partner, Community Buying unlimited, has been negotiating with suppliers since mid 2009 and the average saving (over £83 if you measured against the highest price quoted!). They have developed the expertise to really know when the suppliers have reached a genuinely low price. Even better – our members do not suffer from surcharge levied by suppliers on small (500-999 litres) deliveries.
One big order means that only one or two tankers need to be made –therefore less CO2 is produced and there is less congestion on often narrow roads.