Community Information Champions (CIC)
Free Training & Support for Community Leaders
Community Information Champions is a new project led by Community First, in partnership with Wiltshire Council, Your Care Your Support Wiltshire and Wessex Community Action. The project aims to recruit, train and support a network of Community Information Champions across Wiltshire to help provide signposting to health and care information, local services and support as well as practical advice around key issues like benefits and debts.
A Community Information Champion could be a member of staff from any organisation in Wiltshire or a local community leader or volunteer who is already in contact with local people through their work or voluntary activities. This could be as part of a formal service e.g. libraries or an information grassroots service such as a community cafe.
The overall aim of the Community Information Champions project is to ensure that all people across Wiltshire have access to good quality information to enable them to make the right choices for themselves, their families, friends and carers to live well and stay well for longer at any point in their lives.
As part of the project, Community First will be offering free Community Organising training and the chance to be part of a network of Community Information Champions across the county. For more information on our upcoming free training dates, please see the calendar below or download our training leaflet.
If you would like to attend a free training session via Zoom, please get in touch with Alex Neale
Course Start and End Dates
3rd February – 31st March 2021
Wednesday afternoons via Zoom (1pm)
6th May – 24th June 2021
Thursday mornings via Zoom (10am)
Each course consists of:
- 5 x 2 hour zoom learning sessions
- 2 x Reflect and learn drop in sessions
- 1 x Wiltshire Wide network meet up session
- 1 x Your Care Your Support Learning session
A typical course will cover the following:
- Intro Session; A fun introduction to the project with an understanding of a framework tool to work from. Great to get to know others and get a feel for what lies ahead
- Listening and Power session: Interactive listening techniques, understanding of Power and where it sits within your community or life
- Listening, Action and Power session; Looking at our personal power band how to take action in our own way. Also a look at how listening can involve others
- Barriers and Safeguarding session; Important points shared around safeguarding ourselves and the people we work with and a look at how sometimes we may face different challenges within our community interactions
- Move Forward and Connect session; Understanding what we do with our learning and how to use that collective power to tackle what Wiltshire needs locally and beyond.
To achieve a certificate all 5 learning sessions, plus 1 x reflect and learn session must be completed.
Face to face training can be delivered upon request. This would be limited to smaller groups with social distancing measures as per Covid-19 guidance and would be delivered over 2 full days between 9.30am-3.30pm. Please contact Alex Neale (email@example.com) for more information about face to face training and bookings.
For more information about each course please contact Alex Neale: firstname.lastname@example.org
More dates to follow